With the diaper station board done we were finally able to complete the shared nursery update. I am so excited this is done in advance so I can get use to the new set up before baby girl gets here.
Here is the super cute board all finished and hung up. I just love having separate compartments for the kids diapers. I am hoping this will help babysitters to know which diaper for which kid (when we get to that point of letting someone else watch them). You'll also notice I've got a sack hanging on the side of the board. Well each kid gets a sack to put their socks into. That way when I do the washing I won't have to worry about losing any socks or what one goes where. I know this will same me a ton of time with putting laundry away later on.
The closet is pretty simple. I took one of my craft room bookshelves and put it in the kids closet so they could store their toys and extra items (like diapers and wipes). There is a mini bookshelf in there too that stores shoes for the kids as well.
Here you can see the inside a little better. Each kid also gets their own clothing rod too. I know that the closet will have to be changed at one point but for right now I think it works pretty well.
Since we have to have two kids in a room that means two cribs in a room. We got one pretty cheap but it had too many problems so we just decided that we would buy a new one. This crib was suppose to go for our baby girl but as my hubby was putting it together he discovered that it can become a toddler bed so Seth got first claim on it. He LOVES bouncing on his bed and had trouble falling asleep the first few nights because he would play too much. Of course when he isn't napping his special things get to hang out in the crib. His growing buddy and a special blanket made by great grandma (and me).
Baby girl gets to enjoy Seth's old crib (which isn't that old). She even gets to have the pleasure of using his old blue bumper pad too. I really don't care that it is blue. I just want her to be safe and since I know how well it worked for him I feel pretty good about it being there.
Of course while we wait for her to arrive her special growing buddy (who still doesn't have a name) waits in there with a special blanket made by great grandma, totally awesome running aunt and me. Although when she does get to come home she won't be moving into this room for quite awhile but at least everything is ready for her when she does move in. Well maybe not her big brother but we have time to work on that.
2 comments:
The blanket in her crib turned out so cute. I'm glad you used it. Also, I see that snoopy in the toy section of the closet. I think it needs to come here instead. lol.
If you look really closely you can see Woodstock too. You can't have one without the other.
Post a Comment