Monday, October 14

First Halloween Costumes

Normally my least favorite holiday is Halloween and April Fools but this year I am actually excited to celebrate Halloween with Seth.  I knew right away what he was going to be for his very first one, a Penguin!  I thought it was perfect because his growing buddy is a penguin and again our little family joke made it even better.  I started looking right away for a costume pattern or a very cheap one I could buy at the store but I never found anything.  So what do you do when that happens but turn to Pinterest.  That is such a great site.  Someone had a really cute costume that they had pretty decent instructions for so I tried my hand at making his costume without an actual pattern.
 
 Here is the end results of a two day effort.  I don't think I did to badly especially with the fact that I was super sick and Seth was quite fun to get measurements off of too.  I made the entire costume out of felt and I don't think it looks so bad with that either. 

 My favorite part is the hat.  I LOVE IT!!!  I did my own design here cause I didn't really care for the one in the instructions.  I also love how mine has a beak that can open and close but not get in his face too.  Honestly I would make myself one of these hats it is that cute.

Here is a closer view of what I did for the body suit part.  He is going to be wearing a white long sleeve outfit underneath so to make the wing part blend in with him.  He then will be wearing some black overalls to cover his legs.  I also added the cute red bow tie for fun which wasn't in the online instructions.  I can't wait for Halloween to show you how cute he looks in his costume.  He is one very adorable penguin.
 
Now with going out looking for his costume you tend to look at other things and while our family was out and about I spotted our baby girl's first Halloween costume and bought it because it was such a good deal.
 
 She gets to be a polar bear!  The most exciting part about having her costume early is the fact that I don't have to make it!  I'm sure I could create it just fine but I really don't know what will be going on in life a year from now and I would just like to have a little piece of mind.  The other great thing about this costume is she can wear this for more then just Halloween.  It is a really nice warm coat and I know it is going to look super cute on her too.

I also love the little feet part too.  It is just so adorable and now I just have to wait for a year to go by before I get to see her in this.  Good thing I'll have plenty to keep me busy until then.

No comments: