Yeah for another holiday and another chance to develop some fun plus unforgettable traditions for us to enjoy in the years to come. Of course with me it wouldn't be a true holiday with out window stickers to play with and enjoy looking at.
I think that it just helps dress up the window a little more. I did have a fun idea to do when Seth gets a little older. I'm going to take a few eggs and hide them on other windows throughout the house for him to find/collect and bring back to the big window doors. I kind of like that idea better then a normal egg hunt that kids do cause it involves no candy.
Here is our cute decorated eggs. (In order from left to right: Seth, Missionary, Mommy, Missionary, and Daddy)Now let me explain why we have two missionary eggs. Looking online at different traditions people do I found this one that I really like where you blow out the eggs and then put in a piece of paper that is from the Easter bunny that says things like, "You are Eggcelent," "I Eggspecially Love You," and things like that. Then on the day of Easter you brake open the egg and get the paper out. I really liked this idea because you don't have to mess with keeping the eggs a long time and the person that decorated the egg gets to destroy it. I had planned on our family braking the eggs open at dinner time for us to enjoy but then realized that we had the missionaries coming over for dinner so I wanted them to feel involved with this new tradition so we made them eggs too. I also changed what was inside the eggs as well. I found some great scriptures that focus on the Atonement and put that inside the eggs for us to read when we broke them. The Elders really liked it and had fun. I think Michael enjoyed it too once we got to brake them.
Another fun decoration I did was make these washcloth bunnies to hold our eggs. They are super easy to make. I decided to do them in different colors so that you know whose bunny and egg belong to the egg stylist. Hopefully it will work and if not then they are still just cute decorations to enjoy.
Now our Easter Saturday started with waking up Seth and making him look like a little farmer in his cute overalls (to bad we didn't have a little chick to place in the picture too). I'm glad that he was a super happy guy because we had a very full day ahead of us. I did have to get a picture of Seth with his very first Easter bunny basket. He got a nice outfit for church (there are pants but I couldn't get it in the shot), plus two dinosaurs and a book.
I think books are important for kids and I couldn't believe that I found another If You Give a Mouse book that was made just for Easter. As you can see our little man is excited for me to read it to him.
After our simple morning we went to our ward Easter egg hunt for the kids. I do know that Seth is to little to take part but it is still a fun free family event we can do together. I did enjoy watching the kids swarm the eggs.
So while everyone was off gathering eggs we went to the hay stake and just had fun taking pictures. It's only the start of our day and already we have one warn out little boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment