Thursday, January 8

Snow, Run, Slide

Well another trip to the dog park for some more winter fun. It had snowed really good the night before so we thought that the park would be covered really nicely and it was. Hope has a lot of fun chasing the snowballs that Michael would make and when she got a little tired of running so far after them Michael started to slide them on the ground and a new fun game was invented. We still don't have a name for this game but that is ok because it still was a lot of fun to watch Hope and try to get her to do what we wanted her to do.

Here is what we were able to get out of her the first time. She didn't quite get it that we wanted her to slide in the snow and not just lay there. She did have a ton of fun running after the snowballs but sometimes other things going around her distracted her but she still did great at coming back to us at the park this time and we didn't have any treats with us either! (I hope you all noticed how I waved hello to you, well at least my shadow did for me.)

This time she was a little better at being able to understand that we wanted her to slide in the snow but she did it a little to much I guess you could say. At least she didn't hurt herself and she came back for more fun.

Well she finally is now able to do what we wanted her to do. Isn't that way cute? She is such a fast learner too. It sure was a fun family day at the park. I bet we could even play this game a lot better in the backyard with our downward hill that we have too, hmmm... the possibilities.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks like a fun game. I wonder if I could do that slide thing as good as Hope does it? Probably not, I would just hurt myself. Very cute though!

Monica said...

You probably could do the slide thing just as good as her because that place is really slippery and it is on a downward slope too. I know that I would hurt myself doing it but it still would be fun. We even saw some people doing some suicidal snowboarding over a branch, still attached to the tree about 10 feet off of the ground. IT WAS TOTALLY CRAZY!!!