Saturday, January 10

Until Next Christmas

Ok I know that Christmas is over and done with but I need to vent and share something important to me so please just deal with it. When I was little my family had (and still has) this little Rudolph stuff animal. I have always called it, "baby Rudolph," and I have always loved that stuff animal. I loved it so much that I could not wait for Christmas to come because that would mean that I would get to have it again and I would sleep with that thing every night. Well as time went by my little brother saw how important it was to me and so he had to have his turn with it. Now, my mother tells me that it is his and only his and that is one of the many things that he is going to get when my parents pass away. Yes, I am still crushed about it because that little stuff animal holds so many happy memories for me. So this year after my brother left for college again I got to have the stuff animal in my room for only one night and the next day he was packed away (I still want to cry about it) but before he was packed away I got a couple pictures of him because that is all that I am ever going to get.Don't you think he looks really cute? He use to have a blue ribbon on him that I put on him but somehow it got, "lost," (still don't believe that).I also wanted Hope to meet the little baby Rudolph and at first she really didn't know what to make of him.Finally she got a little bit more comfortable with him and he actually wanted to hold him as you see. She only does that with her toys but she knew that this was not her toy. I think that they look so cute together!Since Hope loves my little brother and he has had the stuff animal for a long time now I'm sure that it smells a little bit like him and that is why she could not help but lick it. I made her stop that right away. I'm just glad that she got to meet one of my most cherished memory holder. I wish I could find another one of him but I know that wont happen but I can always dream about it right?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Man, I know how much you love that little reindeer. I'm sorry that you didn't get to spend much time with him this year. I'm also sorry that Brandon gets him. That isn't fair. Sorry.

Monica said...

The hard part is that we don't know where we will be for Christmas next year so I probably wont get to see him really ever again. I know that it is so not fair for Brandon to get him but then we are always told that life is unfair and to deal with it. So I guess that means we can't do anything about it.