Friday, January 9

Some New Firsts

Today was one of those days that I wish I had my camera with me and that I also wished that it worked well in any kind of lighting. Hope has had several first time things today and I have really enjoyed watching her reaction to them all.

1. Late last night after midnight (so it counts as today), there were three deers in our yard that moved into the neighbors yard. Since we don't have a fence between us it is very easy to walk over there for the deer. Since it was so late at night we needed to let Hope out to use the bathroom one last time before we all went to sleep. My dad told us the deer were out there and that he was trying to scare them out because they were starting to eat some of the plants in the yard. Michael and I have been dying to see what she would do and this was a perfect chance so we let her out. At first she didn't notice the deer because she was to busy smelling their tracks that they had left in the yard but when she did finally notice them she just quietly looked at them. I'm was really surprised that she didn't bark at all because normally when she is on a walk with us and happens to see a deer she will bark. It was probably a good thing that she didn't bark to because it was late and we didn't want to wake up the neighbors either. Well she just stood there and looked at them and a couple of the deer actually started to walk towards her (I guess meaning that they were not scared of her kind of thing), so then Michael and I told her to go and get them which she did and chased them out of the neighbors yard onto the golf course for at least 3 yards. I didn't know if we would get her to come back because she was having so much fun but she did come back just fine. I know that all she wanted to do was say, "Hi," to them and give them a good sniff is all. It still was funny to watch her and I had no idea that she could run that fast either. I so wished that it had been light enough for my camera to see it all because it was just so funny. The deer around here are a little to comfortable with people and pets so we are trying to help them be more cautious by letting Hope chase them out of the yard, I guess you could put it like that.

2. This morning we went to the pet store that Michael works at to get his pay and of course since it is a pet store Hope always comes along. Well she got a bath yesterday and she was still so clean and pretty that I didn't want her to walk on the wet oil covered parking lot. Hope has walked through that gross oil before and it always gets all over the back seats when she has to walk in it. I really didn't want to have to clean the car again because I had just cleaned it out yesterday. So Michael put Hope in a shopping cart for me and she just loved riding in it. I thought that she would be a little scared but she loved being higher up. It was like she was discovering a entire new world of toys, chews, food and smells. I'm just glad that she didn't ever once try to jump out of the cart but it sure was fun to push her around and give her a ride.

3. On the car ride home from the pet store Hope normally just likes to watch the cars go by and then she falls asleep. Today, however, she was very interested in the back window with how the snow off of the roof of the car would slide across the window. It had tempted her so much that she finally started to jump at the back window to try and get the ice/snow that was falling. It was so funny to watch her try because she just couldn't figure out what she was doing wrong. What makes this more funny is that the back window is at a slant so that makes it even harder for her to get her head positioned just right to try to get at the snow falling. She would sniff the glass and lick it in a attempt to make it listen to her plea in having some of the snow but then she would get even more frustrated and impatient and try to bite at it again. It was just so funny to watch her. She also couldn't understand what happened to her new game when the snow stopped falling down either. At least that game got her ready for her nap time.

(To let you all know Becky NoName, the frog, passed away today too. It was a very sudden thing and I don't know what happened. Sadly, Teddy is all alone and missing her but I'm sure he will be alright eventually.)

No comments: