Wednesday, November 5

Simple Thanks

What has happened to the words, “Thank You?” I am totally lost as to when we just stopped using these words in society anymore but even more shocked when we don’t use them in the home where I think they are needed the most. I was shoveling the driveway yesterday for my family, which is enormous, and was doing it just to be nice. I really didn’t want anyone to slip and fall and hurt themselves. My parents do have a snow blower but I don’t know how to work it so I just shoveled the drive. Well a couple of my family members thought that it was better to tease me that the snow was just going to melt off the drive and it was pointless what I was doing. It really hurt my feelings because I was thinking about their safety and this is what I get for it, picked on. Finally the last person that picked on me I told them, “Just say, ‘thank you.’” After I had said that they did say thank you and how much they really appreciated the thought and effort. It is sad that we just can not seem to be grateful for a kind act done to us. It is like we expect it all the time because we are just so great or something like that. I find it very funny what with this being the month of Thanksgiving that we can not be thankful because we are to busy thinking about Christmas already which is another month that we are suppose to be thankful in. All I want is for people to be more appreciative of each other and try to be more aware of others feeling too. Don't you want the same thing?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Of course I do. I try to say thank you as much as possible. I sometimes think I say it too much!!! I guess thats good!!!

Monica said...

Yes, that is a very good thing to say thank you a lot. I'm glad that you say it and who knows maybe it will help others to do the same.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Monica,

I really understand how you felt.

It is the same situation in my office. At times, it seems to me that saying "Thank you" is no longer cool thing to do, that is why no one seems to be saying it anymore.

However, to me, I will just do what I think is right , regardless of what the other people around me is doing. In this way, I can still retain myself and not being influenced by other people. But I will still accept people for what they are.

I find that generally, we do have same ideas about life. Really hope to be your friend. :)

Monica said...

I’m sorry that you have to deal with the same thing at your job. I think that you are exactly right about how saying “Thank you” isn’t cool anymore in society and that probably has been happening for awhile and I just really have not noticed it. I also agree that we do still need to accept people even when they do things that we may not like we can still try to assist them in becoming better people not just for the society side of things but for themselves too. We may also have same ideas about life but the difference is what you actually do. I'm just glad that there are so many good people to help lift all of us up.