Today was a big day of reflection for me about some of the trials that have been accruing in my life right now. I know that everyone has trials and of course they are always hard to go through or else they wouldn’t be called trials. I just have been feeling picked on or something like that. This makes me frustrated because I want things to go smoothly and things to get resolved and just have some peace in my life again. Well in Relief Society we talked about gratitude. I really enjoyed the talk and it really made me think about my trials right now and how I should try to see the positive side of the trials. Some of the examples of how to make things seem positive and show gratitude for them were:
-Weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day because it means I have been productive.
-Be thankful that you don’t already have everything you desire. If you did, what would there be to look forward to?
-Be thankful for the difficult times. During those times you grow.
-Be thankful for your limitations, because they give you opportunities for improvement.
-Be thankful for each new challenge, because it will build your strength and character.
These were the ones that I felt most applied to me right now. I do want to try and be even better and look at the good side of my trials even when it is hard to do that sometimes. I also know that it is going to take me time to do that but I also know that I can do it and I want to do it and that is always the first step.
2 comments:
Hi! Monica,
Please don't be too hard on yourself.
I think it is ok for you to "grumble" a little now and then because that shows that you are human.
I have been following your blogs and to me, you are one of the most positive person I know. So continue to be yourself, ok? :)
As for the trials that are going on in your life now, you just tell yourself that those trials are only temporary and are going to get out of your life soon. You will go back to your happy peaceful life soon, I am sure. :)
Thank you very much for the encouragement. Sometimes it is nice to hear from someone else that it is ok to complain a little. I will try and remember that my trials are only temporary and that I can make it through them.
Post a Comment