These are the leaves that I have right now. I think that they look good and I want to laminate them one day so that we can write what we are thankful for on them with a marker and then just wash it off with a wet paper towel when the season is over. That way we can have new things to be thankful for the next year. I also wanted to make sure that our tree would be full, so each family member gets one leaf a day to write on what they are thankful for. We will have our tree (when I make it) in a spot where everyone can see it and remember the things that they are thankful for. I do hope that this works and can be something fun for us especially while we are going through this hard time right now. I also think that it will be fun for our children when we have them one day too.
Saturday, November 8
Starting New Tradition
When Michael was going up, his family had a Thanksgiving tree. From what my husband remembers, his mother, in the very first year that they did it put things that they were thankful for on leaves and then put them up on the tree. After the first year they didn’t change what the leaves said and they would just put them up at the beginning of the season. So I wanted to do something like that for our family but a little different so that it works for us. I also wanted to surprise Michael with it but he caught me today when he got home from work. All that I did today was color some leaves red, orange and yellow on paper and get them all cut out. I am not sure if I have enough but I figure that we can always make more later.
These are the leaves that I have right now. I think that they look good and I want to laminate them one day so that we can write what we are thankful for on them with a marker and then just wash it off with a wet paper towel when the season is over. That way we can have new things to be thankful for the next year. I also wanted to make sure that our tree would be full, so each family member gets one leaf a day to write on what they are thankful for. We will have our tree (when I make it) in a spot where everyone can see it and remember the things that they are thankful for. I do hope that this works and can be something fun for us especially while we are going through this hard time right now. I also think that it will be fun for our children when we have them one day too.
These are the leaves that I have right now. I think that they look good and I want to laminate them one day so that we can write what we are thankful for on them with a marker and then just wash it off with a wet paper towel when the season is over. That way we can have new things to be thankful for the next year. I also wanted to make sure that our tree would be full, so each family member gets one leaf a day to write on what they are thankful for. We will have our tree (when I make it) in a spot where everyone can see it and remember the things that they are thankful for. I do hope that this works and can be something fun for us especially while we are going through this hard time right now. I also think that it will be fun for our children when we have them one day too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment