Sunday, August 18

Baby Blessing Blanket

Before I had Seth I made two identical blessing blankets.  I gave one away because at that point in time I was really wondering/doubting that I was ever going to be able to have children.  I did keep one and that is what Seth got for his special gift from mommy.  Well I figured that this baby also needed to have a special blessing blanket from me too and what better time to start then BEFORE the baby gets here.
 
I worked really hard for several months.  It takes me a long time to make these blankets because it really hurts my wrist to crochet now.  Well one year on Mother's Day (before I was ever a mommy) my sweet hubby got me this amazing book on all these different types of crochet stitches and how to do them.  It is a wonderful book because it shows you pictures and I am such a visual learner so it really helped.  I decided to be risky and try out a new stitch with this baby blanket.
 
 Here is how it turned out.  Yes in the picture on this side it looks really good.  I had fun adding the little color boarder to give the blanket a more finished look.  Seth's blanket actually also has this same detail done to it as well.
 
However, the other side of the blanket doesn't look as good.  This is really frustrating to me because of all the hard work that I put into it.  I really wanted it to turn out perfect but I did it exactly as the pattern said and this is what I got.
 
Now the blanket is a great size for a baby and I know it will be just fine for the blessing day but it still gets me that this thing came out crocked.  You can't see it that well in the picture because I really tried to hide it.  I have tired to fix it with washing it and stretching it but nothing is working so I'll just have to live with it.  At least I am happy that one project is done and I can start to work on the next one before this little one gets here.

No comments: