My grandmother was an amazing women. She was so talented and giving of her time and love. She taught me a lot of things but one thing that I am very grateful that I picked up from her is her quilting. She made so many quilts in her life time. I wish I knew how many it was. She would make a quilt for when the grandkids got married and a baby blanket for that couples first born child. I do know that she had make even more quilts then that because when she passed away there was still a lot of quilts in her house that needed to be sent to their future owners. Well as my mother and her siblings were going through some things my mom got this wonderful treasure.
It makes me smile to even know the block name used in the quilt. It is called, "Hole in the Barn Door". I learned all about it a few days before my mother gave me this quilt. I love how my grandma had this block on her quilt because she was a farmer girl and this so fits in with that. The material used on this quilt also is fascinating to me. I did have to fix a few holes on the front but thankfully the material that was used here did what I needed it to do. Now I just need to put it in its very special place that I have all ready for it. I'm so excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment