Most of the time I am really good at taking care of my home. I do pretty good at keeping the inside nice and clean for my family but the outside is another story. I just don't have the time or the energy anymore to pull all of the weeds that I need to. I would love to do some more landscaping but that again requires time, energy and money that I just don't have right now. Things have also been made complicated with our city changing our sprinklers water to irrigation water. I am happy we will be on it and that we can then water as much as we need too, our yard needs it badly.
However, whoever designed this house really wasn't thinking that this was ever going to happen one day because the two boxes/systems that we had to connect were on opposite sides of the house. But Michael had to get the system up and running this summer so thankfully his dad and brother came to help. Michael dug all of the trenches to lay the pipes down before they got here. They guys helped him in the front with digging up a bush and finding the main line.
Here Michael is in the pit of despair, as we like to joke about it. Kind of funny but it doesn't look so deep from this angle.
Now you can see a little better of how far the guys had to dig to get down to the main line. Of course before I forget we had a bush right on that spot that Michael had to get out just to get down to that point.
Here is the rest of the bush. As you can see this project has really helped improve the beauty of our front yard. I'm sure our neighbors are loving living next to us right now.
Finally you have to have a very special supervisor to watch. I also figure this is good manly men bonding time. He had fun watching although I'm sure he really didn't learn to much except how to make a big mess.
No comments:
Post a Comment