Saturday, August 31

First Haircut

I knew this time was going to come and soon; he was born with a lot of hair after all.  Now when Seth started to pull his own hair so much that it would make him cry we both knew we had to cut it.  His hair also had grown so much in the front that it was long enough to reach the lower part of his eyebrow.
 
 I kind of knew this was going to be a challenge to cut his hair because he just wiggles and moves so much.  Of course Michael was going to help hold him in place but we wanted to make sure that the experience wasn't scary for him so we let him look at the clippers and touch them a little.  I was determined to use the clippers because I wanted him to have a very nice first haircut.  I also worried about poking him with scissors and I didn't want that to happen.

 Ready for the action to begin!  Seth actually did really well for the first part and was kind of interested in what we were doing but then he got tired and was done.  Thankfully at that point we were pretty much finished except for trimming around his ears and the back of his neck.  Thankfully he let us do those spots with little trouble.
 
 Before
 
After
 
Okay is it just me or does he look even older now?  I love his haircut and I think he looks a lot like one of my nephews which makes me super excited because he is one really good looking kid.  Now I just hope ever time we have to cut his hair will go smoothly like this first time.

No comments: