Wednesday, May 29

Naming and Blessing Day

It was a very exciting and a little bit stressful day for me on the day we were going to bless Seth.  Because with so many family members coming and some seeing our house for the very first time I wanted so badly for things to be perfect.  Of course I knew that wasn't going to happen but we had worked so hard on trying to improve our home and fix the things the last home owner had screwed up that I just wanted to go nicely.  I was also expecting, beside family members, some of Michael's co-workers and a few of our friends so be coming (none of which showed up that morning and yes I did cry about that later).

 I was so thankful that my family helped put together this lovely spread for everyone that was able to come that morning.  I think it turned out really pretty and I was really glad to finally be able to use some of our wedding gifts for this event.

 Of course before we left to go to the church house I had to get a picture of all of our family that was able to make it to the special day.

 Here we are with both of our parents enjoying the beautiful day together and more then overjoyed that we have this adorable little baby boy as part of our family too.

 I was so glad that my aunt Lorie was able to come to the blessing.  She has been such a big influence on my life and I know she will be for my son too.

Again I had to get a picture of Seth with his aunt Dawn.  I know he is going to love spending time with her when we are able to visit.  Hopefully it won't be to long before we do.
 
 Seth with his aunt Maren who I know is going to spoil this little guy with lots of love and attention. 

 I had to again get pictures of Seth with his grandpa and grandma before they left.  This is actually one of my favorite pictures of the day because they all look so great.

 I also love this picture too.  For some reason Seth was totally fixated on grandpa's tie. 

 Here is three generations of the mainly men of the family.  Wish it could have been four but I know that Seth's great grandpa was there in spirit.

 One last time with grandma before everyone had to start heading back home to their own normal every day lives.  We sure are going to miss everyone terribly.  It sure is hard to be so far away from family when you want to share so many special moments with everyone.

Finally this last photo makes me smile.  I have always loved watching my dad take a nice nap on the lawn.  I guess that could count as his way of approving all that we have done with the house and yard.  Go us!


No comments: