Now that we have this little bundle of joy we get to celebrate Mother and Father's Day! YEAH!!! Well to be honest we really have celebrated it since we got Hope as a puppy but believe me it is a lot more fun when you have a little person to join in on the fun. It was a great day. I got to sleep in for an hour extra. That was a great gift!
My handsome men got me two wonderful gifts. I got books to help me with my crafting ability. One was for free motion quilting on a normally sewing machine. Something this quilter has been wanting to try since I have all the parts to do that but also scared to death that I'll mess up my quilts since I have no idea what I am doing so the book is a big help. The other book I got was to help me with my decorative stitching skill. Another thing that I have been trying to work on as well.
Now I just had to point out this cute shirt I made Seth wear for Mother's day. I hope you can read it alright and I'm sure you have noticed that it is all about daddy but to me that is the best gift I have ever been given.
I did do something strange this year and got myself some flowers. They came from the front yard. I just love daisy's! They are my favorite flower although these ones didn't smell too good and I don't know why that was but they are still very pretty to look at so I'm okay.
Another wonderful surprise that I had on Mother's day was to have my grandmothers flower plant bloom! (i'd write the name of the plant but I'm a really bad speller so sorry not this time.) This is a very big deal because we have tried to transplant this thing home a couple of time with no success. I also couldn't remember what the bloom looked like either since it had been so long too. I'm just thrilled that it bloomed on Mother's day because it made me feel like my grandmother was with us for this special first time celebration. Yeah for being a mother!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment