One week out of the blue our A/C unit just killed over. Of course it happened during the hottest week we have had all year long. The house got up to 86-89 degrees. Sadly we only had one fan for the entire house to use. I was so thankful when one of my friends from our ward brought over two of her fans for us to use while we waited for the A/C to get fixed. I had another friend offer to let Seth and I stay at her house but I just couldn't leave my girls behind to suffer in a hot house so I stayed. Oh was it felt like forever to get that unit fixed.
Now I am a very big person on modesty and I want that to be something important to Seth one day too so this was as down of an outfit I would let him be in. I did find it funny and cute how he would sleep all spread out like that though.
The only time that it was nice was at night and I would stay up all night rotating fans from windows to windows and doors in every part of the house. It would annoy me to no end all of the bugs I would have to find and kill the next day but at least it help keep the house cooler for the majority of the day. It was hard to stay up so late at night by myself and then have to take care of Seth the next day but I just kept reminding myself that I had to protect my family from any wild animal that could come through a window or a robber (which was easy for me to imagine since I had a friend recently get robbed).
Thankfully the repair guy was able to find the problem quickly but he could do the repair for another day so we had to suffer through the heat again. I think the ones that suffered the most were the dogs because they would fight over who got to lay closest to the fan. I would find them also under furniture in a attempt to find a nice cool spot. I sure hope we don't have to go through that again for a very long time or else I just might go and stay in a hotel for awhile.
No comments:
Post a Comment