Friday, May 31

Denim Star Trail Quilt, Part Two

I can't tell you how happy I am to finally have this quilt front finished.  It turned out great!  I was really worried that the technique I wanted to do wasn't going to work but it did.  It wasn't as exact as I wanted it to be but overall it is fine.  At least this way now I'll know what to do to make it work better if I ever do it again.
 Here is a picture of how the entire front looks.  I really enjoy looking at the trail of stars that go from corner to corner.  It kind of makes me think of the milky way when I look at it which is good because I was going for that.

 I got a closer up view so you could see all of the little stars that we put in between.  The way we put the stars on was we got a stencil and then dabbed a cloth that was soaked with bleach.  I really wasn't sure if this was going to work or not.  I tried it out on a sample piece I quickly made and it took a little practice but we got it down and then started to work on the quilt.

Here is a last view of the stars.  Some of them are still coming out which is fine.  We are trying to leave the quilt outside to soak up some sun to see if that will help with the bleaching process.  Now I just can't wait to get a back for this quilt and sew it all together and then enjoy using it.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

That is so cute! You did such a great job. I need to have you make me a quilt some day. =)