Wednesday, May 29

Denim Star Trail Quilt

Now this is still a work in progress just to let you know from the start.  But while the A/C was out I had to work on a project to keep my mind off of the heat.  I also didn't want to do anything that would make anymore heat so that meant no sewing or using the iron and no cooking hot meals so what better thing to do with your time then just lay out a quilt that has been waiting for you to do so for a little over a year.  I had all of my pieces cut and I just started to lay them out.  I had a different design in my head but soon saw that I had so many of these denim strips that I could (yet again) make TWO quilts from what I had already cut. 
 
This quilt is NOT my original idea but I think it will still turn out fine.  I have been wanting to try a new technique that I saw done on something else and I thought why not on a quilt.  I hope it turns out as good as I want it too.  I'm going to make a test sample just to be sure it will work and if it doesn't then I'll leave the quilt like this.  Now I have recently finished sewing the entire thing together and adding a few more rows to get it to be the right size.  All I have left to do is trim up the side and test out my idea on a sample piece.  I'm super excited for this to be done because I really want to use it for the 4th of July celebration that we will be attending.  It is so nice and heavy that it is sure to keep us all warm while we watch the fireworks.  OH!  I also have a fun idea for the back too which I can't wait to see how it will all look when finished.

No comments: