One day this past week I let the dogs outside to play in the ward. They had a great time playing and when they were finished I did like I always do and invited them to come back inside. Faith came right away but Hope decided to stay outside and enjoy the nice fresh air. I closed the door and left her to be because she is very well behaved when in the backyard.
Well all of a sudden Faith starts crying and going nuts by the back door and I couldn't see Hope anymore. I quickly ran to the door and saw that Hope was following a baby bird that was trying to fly away. Hope just wanted to smell the bird but the poor little thing didn't know that. We have two pet birds and she is wonderful with them so I knew she wasn't going to hurt the poor little thing. I was a little surprised that Hope didn't mind the mother bird swooping down on her though. She is my very determine little girl.
After a short surprise moment I quickly got Hope to come inside and leave the bird alone. For the rest of the day I watch that little thing just to make sure it wasn't going to have a heart attack and die. Hope can be scary to others. I couldn't resist taking a few pictures of the baby bird though.
Of course his mommy was there to encourage him and watch out for him. I really don't blame her after seeing Hope chase her little baby. Now I wish I was able to take a video to show you how that baby bird got up on the top of the fence. He managed to get on that first beam and then flew to my apple trees and then flew again to the middle beam. He walked back and forth on that one for quite awhile. He only left that beam when his mother came and "encouraged" him to get a moving again.
Victory is sweet and so is a nice long nap! He stayed up on that fence for the rest of the afternoon and most of the evening too. Finally he did move on and I hope he keeps going strong. It sure was fun to watch how protective his mom was cause I know I'm the same way with my little guy too.
No comments:
Post a Comment