Christmas Goodies
I don't know why but I ended up doing another well known Christmas tradition. The making of sweets to give to friends. I was not planning on doing this but we had so much ginger bread cookies left over from when we did our houses that I thought it would be nice to give them to a few friends that we didn't invite to the little party. Then the more that I thought about it I realized that you really can't only give one type of sweet so I made more to put on the plates..They didn't turn out exactly how I wanted but they were good enough and it is the thought that counts, right?
Taking the plates around tonight was probably the worst thing of the evening. It was just a bad night for it. The roads had some black ice on them and it was so dark that again it was hard to see the numbers on the houses. Some people were not home and we did expect that. What we didn't expect was while we were at one persons house we saw a dog get hit by a car. It was one of the worst sounds I have ever heard in my life. I wanted to through up from just hearing the dog cry. But what kept me from doing that was actually seeing the car that hit the dog slow down and then just drive off like it was no big deal. I couldn't believe it. I was so angry and wish I could have gotten their licence plate number. Now we did check on the dog and he wasn't dead but he did have a broken leg. We were able to find his owner but that is all that I know as far as the story goes. I sure hope the poor thing is alright..The other bad thing that happen tonight was I almost scared a person to death. I'm not kidding. We took a plate of goodies over to a family that Michael home teaches and the wife has a heart problem (not sure what kind though). Right as we got there the family was getting into the car to leave. I quickly got out of ours and ran up to theirs and knocked gently on the driver's window. Well I didn't know that it was the wife driving and she totally jumped. I felt so horrible and still do about scaring her so badly. It took her a couple of minutes to calm down enough to finally open the window and talk to us. She had thought that she had hit us with the car. I don't know how that is though since she hadn't moved the car at all. They did take the goodies from us but they had this look on their faces of, 'This is all that you almost KILLED me for?' Oh what a bad night to try and spread some nice holiday cheer.
1 comment:
Hate it when you try so hard to do something nice and then feel like the universe is trying to work against you. The treats look nummy and I am sure they were much appreciated, even if the journey there was a little crazy.
Post a Comment