Thursday, December 24
Lighting The Way
Luminaries are so much fun to do and they have a very sweet story for why people do them. If you don't know why then I will tell you now. They are done to light up the pathway for the Christ child. Remember the story of how before Jesus was born Mary and Joseph were turned away from the inn? Well, people will do these luminaries to light up the pathway to their homes to welcome him into theirs. So with such a cute story as that, how can you not love to do this kind of family tradition? I know that for at least our family this is one that we are going to try to carry on for a long time. So when it finally got dark enough to light up all of the luminaries, that we had gotten ready earlier, we were all out their helping to light them. I had a hard time getting my lighter to work for me so I gave it to Jordi.
He was able to make it work just fine as you can see. I know you really can't see his face but that is him.
However, in this picture it looks like his sleeve in on FIRE! Good thing it really wasn't. I so don't know what was up with the camera tonight.
Julie just saying, "Hi," to Toffie and making sure she doesn't get to close to the bags. They do have fire in them after all and we have already seem what can happen when a sleeve gets to close to the fire...........somewhat.
Hope was also outside helping us light up the luminaries. What a dedicated worker she is in continuing her supervising job from earlier that day.
Okay, this picture I just had to share. I find it so funny how these two would walk around in a little line among all of the luminaries. Except for in this picture they are walking away from the house not towards it. Maybe we need to re-tell them the story of why we do luminaries.
The finished product! Yet funny enough you STILL don't see all of the luminaries that we did in this picture. Sorry but it was the best one that I could get and hey, at least you can see for yourself just how beautiful these little luminaries can be all lit up. Just make sure that you don't forget the real reason for enjoying all of these beautiful sites this season.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment