Thursday, December 24

PING PONG!!!

When Michael was younger he had asked for a ping pong table from his parents. He had to work hard and make a few deals to get it but he got it. Now since we had the luminaries all done and the garage all nicely cleaned up there just happen to be plenty of space to take the table out and play. After today I think this should become a new family tradition. A family ping pong competition on Christmas eve day. It sure helps make the time pass by quickly.Here is Julie showing off her mad ping pong skills. I wouldn't mess with her when it comes to ping pong. The first game that we played was girls against boys, wives against husbands. It was great to have Julie on my team so I could warm up and learn how to play right. Julie was really patient with me and us girls ended up winning the game! The second game was couples against each other, Jordi & Julie vrs. Michael and I. Oh that was a very fun game and I was on the winning team again. I think it must have been beginners luck or something. After those games we just goofed off and tried to see how many times we could hit the ball back and forth. Here are a few fun and silly pictures of us playing around.It is Michael the double paddle ping pong monster player!!! You better watch out when you play a game against him cause he will smack you down.Jordi showing off his special, "The Claw," ping pong technique that will make you and your ping pong paddle quake for days.Lastly but not least me! I'm the rock hard ping pong guard that the ball will never get by in a million and more years.Let the ultimate ping pong goof off gaming begin!!!

Well so much for not letting the ping pong ball get by me. A million and more years went by rather quickly don't you think? I guess I will have to think of a new name to call myself. But in my defence I had someone running around chasing Hope to distracting me from hitting the tiny ping pong ball.Michael had the camera and was lucky enough to get this shot of me yelling, "OH NO!" I had accidental hit the ping pong ball behind the freezer again. At least it was easy and kind of fun to get it out from behind the freezer with the idea Jordi had come up with. After a bit I was tired and ping ponged out so I let my pro of a husband take over in my place.I just love how pumped up Michael gets about ping pong. I really can't wait until we have our own home and a place to set his table up in. I think when that does finally happen we will have a regular ping pong competition day at least once a year. Now with how noisy we were being the other family ping pong pro came out to join in on the fun.That is right! The other family pro is none other than DAD! Oh the stories that Michael has told me from when they have gotten to play ping pong with one another. I must say that I was a little nerves to be in the room with the two of them.Especially when a game was about to start between these two.

Here is a little peek at them just warming up for a game. At least while I was in the garage with the men it didn't get too wild. However as soon as I left them alone you could hear things were starting to get more intense. I'm just happy that when they were finally done playing ping pong no one was hurt. Yeah, it can get that wild at times. Well I hope you all enjoyed the first crazy family ping pong competition and who knows but maybe we will get to do it again sometimes soon.

No comments: