Saturday, December 5

Michael's Birthday

The birthday celebration didn't start until a bit later then what I had planned because I was late getting back form a party a friend of mine was having. I was only going to go for a few minutes because I wanted to be a supportive friend. It was a good thing that I went too since almost no one showed up. But anyhow, it made me late for making Michael's birthday cake. (I will talk about Michael's birthday cake in another post. It has earned one all on its own.) I wanted to have his cake done so he could blow out his candles first and then open up all of his gifts. I'm sorry but it is just a tradition that I am going to stick by, cake then presents. After Michael blew out the candles he had a lot of gifts to open up. Hope and Lilly both joined their resources together (which was mommy) and got a gift for their daddy. As you can see Hope is trying to help Michael open it up. Glad she couldn't reach it because that gift was covered with glitter and could you imagine what would have happened to her? I shutter just thinking about the mess she would be in and how long it would take just to get her all cleaned up again.This is what Hope and Lilly got for Michael. It is the second book in a sequel that he has been reading lately. Michael was happy to finally get a chance to continue with his story. I think I may have to read these books myself to see why he likes them so much.Next he opened up his gift from ME! I think I did a lovely job on wrapping it. I did use staples after all to keep that thing closed tight and what better wrapping method is there compared to that? I wish you could have seen it in person. It truly makes one almost speechless.I got him a new shirt for his birthday because he really has been needing one for work. Especially a long sleeve shirt with how cold it has been getting lately. The funny part though....I was not the only one with this great idea of giving cloths (mostly shirts) as gifts this year. Michael's mother and father also got him a long sleeve shirt. This one is more for church, which yet again, he also needed a new one of those too. But I like his next gift box that had a wonderful surprise in it.More gifts! It is like that toy that keeps on going down and down in size. I just love the face that Michael is making here. You just can't help smiling at that kind of expression.One of the gifts inside the box was another shirt. I think this one is going to be a new favorite of mine for him to wear. I can jut imagine how good he is going to look in it but then again I think he looks good in almost anything.Michael also got a pair of pants, another perfect gift since some of his old ones were developing very large holes in them. These jeans however came with a prize of there own inside. Sharp pants! I didn't know that they are starting to make pants this way. I guess it is a new process the stores are trying out.The final gift that he got inside his magic present box was the first Narnia movie. Michael has been wanting this movie for the longest time so he was overjoyed to finally have gotten it. He has loved reading the books as a kid and actually he still reads them every no and again. So it is really no surprise that he loved the movie when it came out too.Hope was sweet enough to volunteered to be the first one to watch it with him. Think, it could be a daddy puppy/daughter date. At least it is going to be a few hours of fun entertainment for our household. Now with all of these gifts I think it is very safe to say that my cute, adorable, sweet husband Michael was very well loved and a little spoiled for his birthday this year.

No comments: