Thursday, December 24

Lights, Camera, Santa?

Another favorite family tradition that both Michael and my parents do is look at Christmas lights around the neighborhood. I thought I would share a few of the best pictures from what we got to see tonight. I also put in a few of our favorite ideas too. Enjoy!Michael and I loved how there was snowflakes hanging down instead of the normal icicles. It is just nice to see something different. I'm also sure the owners of this house will love the fact that when they have to take the lights down these wont tangle up like icicle lights would.Now that I gave my spiel on icicle lights I just had to share a picture of some. These lights just reminded me of what my dad would have up on our house. The only difference is that the lights my dad puts on our house is red, not blue and white.This house light display was totally Michael's favorite. I just hope that when we do have a house of our own that he doesn't decorate to much like this. I can just imagine the electric bill. Yikes!But I guess I am no better because I just loved this house light display. My most favorite part is the little sled and reindeer that seem to be floating across the top of the house. It was just a really cute idea that they had. I also like the more elegant colored light look it has to it too.Now normally Michael and I do not like the blow up decorations but this one just got us laughing really good. I love how the reindeer finally got a brake this year and got to ride along instead of pulling and doing a lot of hard work. Now of course we were not the only ones out on Christmas Eve that night but something extra interesting happened while we were out looking at the lights.We saw a person crossing the road. No big deal right? Well look a little closer at the outfit.The picture may be a little fuzzy but can you tell who it is?SANTA!!! That's right! We got to see Santa while we were out looking at lights. Michael was the one driving so of course we made him stop just to make sure our eyes were not playing tricks on us. Santa then actually came up to our car and gave us all a really BIG candy cane to have. Hope was with us but she didn't get a candy cane. But that is okay since she got a doggie treat instead. I wish you all could have seen just how excited Hope was to meet Santa. It was the first time that she has gotten to meet Santa. Last year we had to do/make our own Santa for her to meet. At least we had a lot of fun that time. Well we had Hope's window rolled down enough for her to stick her head out (something that we don't do very often) and she went completely crazy trying to reach out the window farther just to say a friendly, "Hello," to Santa. I'm glad that Santa didn't mind at all. After that Santa went on his way to bring a little more happiness to others before his big trip that night.As we left Santa we saw this count down to Christmas on someones lawn. It was sad to think that we had about four more hours (or more) to wait until Santa was going to be coming to our house.The last thing that we saw before going home was this very cute Mr. and Mrs. Santa Claus decoration. It just really made us smile and think that is how cute we want to be when we are older. I just hope when that happens Michael doesn't have to go out and deliver toys to children all over the world. I don't think I would see him for several months.

No comments: