I've been working on one project for what seems like forever! I started this thing several years back and just keep on getting interrupted with it. I have no idea why that is but I am getting sick and tired of it. Well lucky for me this month the R.S. planned a enrichment activity where you could just sit and chat while working on any projects that you wanted to get done for Christmas. They even had some wrapping paper there for you to use if you got it done. I thought this was a great idea to do for the sisters in the ward because then you don't run the risk of someone seeing you wrap their gift. Now I wasn't trying to get this project done for being a Christmas gift but I still decided to take it because that is what I have been wanting to work on. The only challenge was that my project required using a sewing machine and I really did not feel like taking my machine along for only a short amount of time so it became an extra incentive to get my project to a certain point.
I got everything out and put in an order that worked for me to see what I needed to do. Of course setting it all out the way that I did took the entire living room and dinning room. Hope sure was interested in what I was doing. I bet she thought this was going to be a new toy for her because it was hard to keep her away from it. As you can see I wasn't able to do that great of a job at that but at least she knows not to touch anything unless I give her permission.
I mean how can you resist such a cute little innocent face like that. I know I say that all of the time but it is so true, for me at least. I also know that I should be happy that she is interested with the things that I do. How many dogs do you know who actually care about what you are doing? There are even times when she is a big help in keeping me motivated. But today she was more of a hindrance with what she did or more like what she wouldn't do. Since I was so focused on getting things all set up I didn't pay any attention to what Hope was doing. I just figure she would be fine with entertaining herself for a few minutes. Yet again, I have learned the lesson that I need to keep a closer eye on her. I was heading to my sewing machine that I had set up on the kitchen table and found Hope like this.
I really don't mind her being under the table but not when I need to sew since that is where my foot peddle has to go. I tried to work around her for awhile cause I didn't want to bother her but it was just to difficult for me to let her stay there. So weather she liked it or not she had to move. However Hope had other plans of her own.
Hope did not want to move and she made sure that I knew that this was her spot and that she was not going to move for anything. Not even if I tried to pull her out, gently kick her out, or even bribe her out with a treat.
Well at least until she felt like coming out and attacking me by trying to lick the camera. I guess she wanted to get even with me for trying to make her come out. BUT! She did come out so I got to start working on my project again. Good thing to since it was tonight that the enrichment activity was being held. With Hope now out of the way (man that seems funny to say) I was able to get a lot of work done but not everything in time for the activity. All that was left, with what I did accomplish, was some hand sewing parts which is what I took to work on at the activity.
.
When I got to the church house tonight it was terribly empty and I was a bit worried that I had come at the wrong time. It was about seven minutes before a sister that was incharge of the activity came out and greeted me. As time passed only a few more showed up to the activity. We all only totalled to being eight people for the entire night. I felt really bad for the sisters that had spent all of there time preparing for this activity only to have so few come. But even with our few in numbers I think we had a wonderful time. I was able to get my hand sewing done and be that much closer to completing my project. I hope we will do this activity again but with so few numbers I doubt it.
2 comments:
That is cute how interested Hope was in everything. Seeing the pieces of your project make me curious though. What are you doing Miss Monica?
He he he. I am making something fun to play with of course. Don't worry I will post about the project when it is all finished and put pictures up so you can see it. But let us hope that I get to finish it soon.
Post a Comment