Saturday, November 30

Thanksgiving!

Most people look forward to Thanksgiving because of the wonderful and tasty food.  Others love it because of being together with their families.  Well I love all of those things but it is hard to get past pregnant morning sickness.  I've had it hit me really bad in the morning and at night so I was a little nervous about dinner time at our house.  The one thing that did make me happy was knowing this was Seth's very first Thanksgiving and he was going to get to try some awesome food.
 
 As you can see our little guy was ready to be a big help with carving the turkey.  I find it funny that the turkey is as big as him.  I do know that they both even weigh close to the same amount too.

 Almost time to dig into the bird.  Someone is super ready to try that turkey, don't you think so?

 One of our family traditions for the month of November is to create a thankful leaf pile.  Every day each family member says what they are thankful for that day and we write that down on a leaf and add it to the pile.  This year Michael and I shared a leaf and Seth had his own to say what he was thankful for that day.  Seth can't talk but we would write something down that he did that day or especially loved and let that count for him.  The things our family was thankful for this year and in no particular order either:

Sleep, Warm and soft bed plus blankets, Music, Kindness, Lilly, Talents, Family, New shoes, Turkey, Date night, Food, Hugs, Home, Daddy (my best friend), Daddy's job, Pj's, Wood, Car, Children, Technology, Ocean, Clean flowerbeds, Winter, Crafts, Friends, Baby sister, Sacrament, Mommy, Toys, Art, Doctors, Bath time toys, Medicine, Freedom, Fish, Hope, Photos, Peek-a-Boo, Faith, Ice cream, Milk, Telephones, Family time at home or wherever, Water, Walks with the dogs, Road trips, Humor, Aunt Dawn, Grandma and Grandpa, zoo, Temples, Holidays, Church, Daddy surprises, Scriptures, and Cheese.

I just had to add this picture of Seth in his adorable bib.  We haven't even feed him Thanksgiving dinner yet but as you can see he is already happily stuffed.  He sure did love all of dinner and happily went to bed that night.  Yeah for big meals that can knock a kid out for the night.

No comments: