Sunday, November 24

Little Duck In A Big Pond

A first that I have been just about dying to do with Seth is take him swimming in a really pool!  Where we live you have to have a gym membership to use the pools and the one public pool that I know of isn't in a very safe area so I don't want to take him there. 
 
One of my friends gave me a swimmer jacket suit thing and I was excited to have a chance to try it out.  Yeah, that didn't happen because the life guard on duty wanted it to be of a certain company approval and since I couldn't find that on a worn out tag I wasn't able to use it.  Thankfully they had some life jackets we could use for free.

My little man in the pools life jacket.  When out of the water it fit him great but when in the water it would choke up on him which I really didn't like but there wasn't anything I could do about it since I wanted him to have something on even though I was going to be holding him the entire time.  Yes, I am a very protective momma.

At the start Seth didn't like being on his back to float but he got use to it and by the end he almost feel asleep in my arms.

He loved splashing around in the large pool too and made sure that we both got plenty wet.  I'm just really proud at how well he did the entire time.  When we were leaving another mother came up to us and asked if he was a graduate of mommy and me swimming and I told her this was the first time that he had ever been in a large pool and she was super shocked because of how good he was.  Yep!  That is my adorable ducky.

I know we weren't there super long but to a little kid that did a lot of swimming, and I mean actually swimming of kicking legs and moving arms, it was long enough to wear him out.  He doesn't normally snuggle mommy but this time he was more then happy too.

I was just happy that he took such a good nap when we got back to grandma's house.  Of course I also enjoyed a good nap myself since I was starting to get a cold too but you can never let something like that stop you from having fun and getting an important bucket list of firsts done either.

No comments: