I know that I was much more excited to take Seth to the zoo then he was being there or at least in the beginning since this was the first time he has ever been to a zoo. It was a large fun family affair with Grandpa, Grandma, two aunts and two cousins, plus daddy and mommy too.
Our little family at the zoo entrance. There was several people putting up and testing the zoo lights that they were getting ready for Christmas so it was kind of an extra fun treat for us because we will be missing going to that this year.
First animal that we got to see was the lovely Mountain goat. I really liked the little statue that was there by the pin.
One of the nice things about the cooler weather is all of the animals were quite active. There bears were especially fun to watch.
The eagles were too far for Seth to see so I took a picture of them and showed him them through the camera. After he saw them in the camera he tried looking for them in the cage but he still couldn't see them.
The zoo that we went to has been making some changes and the eagle area has a fun place for kids to play in now. It was just to tempting to not get a picture of him in the eagles nest.
Another area of the eagles cage was a little river pool with some fish. Seth has always enjoyed looking at our fish in Lilly's tank so we thought he would like to see these ones since they are so big.
Funny enough I think this was his most favorite part of the entire zoo trip. He just loved watching the fish swim. Michael and I were joking that for his first birthday we will need to get him a fishing pole cause he takes after two of his great grandpa's too much.
One of my favorite animals at the zoo was the tigers. They were just picture perfect that day and I couldn't help but get lots of photos of them.
Of course we had to visit the penguin tank area. I just love all of the different penguins at the entrance that they display. We even found the cousins of Seth's growing buddy Mr. Penguino.
Now why is it when you try to take a picture of a kid with his growing buddy animal they all choose that moment to jump in the water? Only one stayed out for us so I'll take what I can get.
Even though our little girl isn't here yet I had to get a picture of her/me with her growing buddy animal too.
Another must see animal for our family is the monkeys. Not too many were outside because of the wet/cold weather but we still enjoyed looking for them.
Okay, I just love this picture. I am so thankful for a much better camera that my sweet hubby got for me. It sure makes the world of a difference.
The zoo we were at also had a lot of baby animals that were born recently. One that Seth really loved was the baby elephant. He was super excited to watch them. The mom elephant was also AMAZING and doing tricks when we got there. I wish I had pulled my camera out faster so I could get some pictures but it was still a lot of fun to watch.
At one point Seth did fall asleep and missed part of the zoos animals but we still went through the entire zoo for fun. It was a lot of walking for me since I move pretty slow at the moment but it was still a blast. I am excited for when our little man will be a bit older and can enjoy this even more.
No comments:
Post a Comment