Well with how fast time has been going by I thought I better get baby girl's quilt done. I had started it a long time ago but just never knew that little extra cuteness it needed so I put it to the side until I could figure something out. I'm very happy to say that I finally came up with an idea and I love how it turned out.
Every little girl is a lady so what better thing to applique on the quilt then lady bugs! It was also a great fit because it went so well with the color scheme that I have going at the moment. I also got the help of a friend to embroider on her name too so she knows this quilt was made especially for her.Here is a little closer view of the lady bugs. I couldn't find the size or type that I wanted in a store (plus I didn't want to spend a lot of money) so I just made them myself. I printed them out on fabric and then just stitched them onto the quilt. The hardest part to stitch was the antennas since I had to move the fabric around so much in my machine. Now I can't wait to see this baby blanket quilted. Hopefully I'll be able to take it with me when we go to the hospital to have this sweet little girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment