This project is getting closer and closer to being finished and I am really enjoying how it is turning out. I found these two pins on Pinterest that I decided to combine what I liked and also what would work for what I needed and so far everything is going good.
I got the outside fabric covers sewed together quite easily. Seth's box is on the left and his sisters is on the right. I made front label holders so I can put their names on the boxes. I'm hoping this will keep the confusion of what goes to who to a minimum.
Next I put the outside covers onto the boxes and hand sewed it in place at the top. This was super easy because there were already wholes in the canvas stuff. I also liked doing this by hand because it let me control how tight the fabric was on the boxes.
Finally I just sewed the lining together and did a casing for some ribbon to go through to tie it in place. I couldn't use elastic because that would crush the top of the boxes in too much. I'm okay with the ribbon because it adds a cuteness to it with the bows in the front.
The newest stylish hat out on the market today. You know you want one too.
He loved his hat box so much he didn't like me taking it back away from him as you can see with how he is gripping at it while it is on.
Now that we are done with our part of the project it is up to daddy to do the last little part that I can't and then the diaper station will be ready for both kids. I'm so excited to see the final look and show it off too.
No comments:
Post a Comment