Sunday, September 8

Completed Spring Quilts

I can't believe it but my early or late spring quilts (depending on how you look at the session time) are done!  YEAH!  I can't tell you how thrilled I am about this because it was not easy to do.  Like the quilts are a very simple design but it is difficult to find time to work on them with a baby whose schedule seems to be changing every day.  But here they are in their glory.
 
  Yep, another pair of "sister quilts."  The one on the left I was able to finish today.  The one on the right I got done a few months ago but didn't want to take a picture until they were both complete.  They have all the same fabrics in them but just in a different order.  That way when I have two girls in the same room they can have a quilt that is the same but different.

 This is the left quilt (from the above picture).  Now I didn't just randomly place the brick blocks wherever I wanted.  I actually had a order to the madness.  You'll have to see if you can figure it out.

Left side quilt (from top photo).  I took this photo in hopes that it would help you see the last few rows better then the above pictures.  I really love how everything lines up so nicely with this quilt and how all of the colors are just so happy.
 
 Here is the right quilt (from the top photo).  As you can see it is different from the other one but the same rule madness I had still applies to this quilt too.

Right quilt (from top photo).  Now that these two quilt tops are finished I'm excited to get the backings onto them.  The first quilt will have a pink back and this quilt will have a purple backing.  One last thing that I really love about these quilts is yet again they have a green in them that matches the color of my craft room so that when one day I have two girls in that room it will be a super cute room.  I can't wait to see that.

No comments: