Two years of growing, learning and changing right before my eyes. I am amazed with the things our son can do and the person our son has been growing into. One of my biggest worries with having James so soon was that I would miss some important family events like: our daughter's first Christmas or either of our children's birthdays. I knew those were things that I couldn't do over again and I really want to be there for my children. I am so thankful that I didn't get to miss any of that...yet.
Since I had a C-section, to have James, I have been out of commission for a lot of things. Pretty much anything that dealt with moving or at least that is how it feels. The day before Seth's birthday I wasn't sure how much I could do for him. I had a few things that I had done for his first birthday and I wasn't sure if I wanted those to become family tradition things or not.
Seth was born during the very early hours in the morning and for his first birthday I took a picture of him at the exact time he was born. Well since I was up before that time to take another pain medication I decided to stay awake and get a picture of him at the exact time again. I guess it is going to become a family tradition weather I like it or not.
Yes, I was crazy enough to even decorate the boys door. Now the only reason I was able to do this is because I was super quite and my husband was dead asleep too. If that wasn't the case I am sure he never would have let me do this. I am glad that I did get that chance and that I even had enough energy, when moving very slowly, to do this for him.
One thing I realized, kind of late too, was that Seth wouldn't have a cake or even a candle to blow out for his birthday. I can't say enough of how thankful I am for a husband that has such compassion as to run out to the store to get a candle and then takes on the task of making a homemade cake with his son. They boys had a lot of fun making the cake. I did the frosting decorations.
Seth was very proud of the cake he had made with daddy. I'm just glad that he isn't old enough to mind my bad frosting job though.
Once he blew out the candle he open his gifts as fast as he could. It was kind of funny but Seth would only open his gifts up if he could see James clearly. James was allowed to come home for Seth's birthday which made the day even more special.
Grandma S knitted this amazing sweater for Seth's birthday. It is going to keep him warm and very stylish while it is so cold outside. Sorry you can't see the details from this angle. I'll try to get a better photo of him in it later.
After all of the gifts were open it was time to attack the cake the guys had made. Seth couldn't wait to try his creation.
A messy face and hands on a now toddler must mean that the food was good..
She finally ate it! Yes, she is my daughter and likes sweets or at least likes cake. She still doesn't like ice cream of any flavor we have tried with her yet. Although I did learn one very interesting thing about her. She likes the fluffy cake part but not the frosting which is just like me.
Another happy messy kid ready for a bath. One good thing with her having a chance to try cake before her own birthday is now she will know what to do with her own cake on her first birthday.
What a day and what an amazing two years it has been. I decided I would take another very special "tradition" photo before we put the very tired birthday boy to bed. I had to get a picture of him with his special growing buddy. I was very interested to see how much he has grown in a year.
No comments:
Post a Comment