After a week and one day in the NICU, James was finally well enough to be released from the hospital. YEAH!!! This was the most exciting and long anticipated moment that I have gone through with any of my children.
I made sure that he was nice and warm as we waited and waited to be allowed to leave. For some reason they had a hard time tracking a few things down before we could go home. Then their was a mess up with the paper work that we had to straiten out too but eventually after several hours we were able to go.
All tucked in and ready to hit the road. YEAH!!!
In the car and ready to go home and meet the rest of his family. I also had to take a picture since it was his first car ride too.
The older kids (that is so funny to say when they are still so young in age) had to be picked up for the babysitters place so they meet James for a brief moment in the car. I had to get a picture of this moment to remind myself what future car trips are going to look like for our family.
Seth was very excited to meet James. We had shown him several pictures of his new baby brother so he knew he would be coming home to join our family. When we finally got James out of the car Seth ran to him and started softly petting his feet/legs.
Beyond a rear picture in this household. It is too bad that you can't really read the kids shirts because I looked all over for these. As you can see Sarah was pretty happy to meet her new brother that she had to clap for joy.
Brothers together forever. I'm sure they will be great friends.
Seth already loves him so much and has to be as close as he can to James. Seth also just wants to hold him all of the time now that we let him do it just this once.
Of course the other very important family members to meet James are our fluffy girls, aka: the dogs. Hope and Faith gave him the most excited welcoming they could do with the new little one. They are really pros now at welcoming babies into our home.
It was kind of strange but the NICU never gave James a bath/rub down while he was there or even before we left so I got to do the very first official "bath" at home.
I don't know why but all of my children have loved getting baths but James even more so. He was so relaxed that he feel asleep or was just barely awake. Even during the sponge bath portion he was loving it.
The very last thing for the day was to meet his special family picked growing buddy. His name is Ollie the Otter. I just love the name for him. It is going to be fun to see James grow and Ollie shrink as the months go by quickly and I know they will.
No comments:
Post a Comment