Monday, January 4

Start The New Year With...

.
No Hot WATER!!!
I got up yesterday morning all excited to have a nice hot shower because it had been really cold that night. But that is not what I got because the water was freezing cold! I don't know why but for some reason our water heater has stopped working. Michael and I looked at all of the possible problems that might have caused it to stop on the outside of the heater but we really couldn't find anything wrong. The water heater still wasn't working this morning so I went over to the manager to file a report about it. I didn't have to wait long at all until my favorite repair guy came (he is my favorite because he actually fixes stuff the right way). I told him all of the things that Michael and I looked at and how we couldn't find anything. He confirmed that nothing was wrong with it on the outside and that the problem might be on the inside, which we both really hoped would not be the case. Then the repair man asked me a funny question. He wanted to know if we have been having problems with our apartments power. I told him that we have, actually a lot recently. Like our power has been going out from me just doing normal every day things, like vacuuming or even turning on a light switch. He then walked right to our electric box and checked the switches in it. Sure enough several had turned themselves off and our water heater was one of them that had done so. I was so thankful for his help but felt really stupid/frustrated that I hadn't thought of that on my own. No hot water for two days all because a stupid switch needed to be flipped! Oh well at least now I know for next time and can start enjoying hot showers again.

No comments: