Something important has happened in our family today. Particularly to one family member named Hope. She has finally started to play with.......
Rubber toys!
From the very beginning of having Hope as part of our family we have tried and tried to get her to play with any kind of rubber toy. We really wanted her to play with rubber toys so she wouldn't be afraid of them (like my parents dog). But unfortunately we could never get her interested in them. I don't know if it was the feel of the toy in her mouth or the smell of it or whatever but she just didn't like them. Hope disliked the toys so much that when we would go to the pet shop she would always try to avoid the rubber toys area..
Well today I was going through some things in an attempt to find what I needed for Girls Activity Day tomorrow when I came upon this little rubber football. I really didn't think anything of it and just tossed it behind me while I continued to look for what I really wanted. It only took a few seconds before I heard this really loud squeaking sound. I looked back and there was Hope playing with the football that I had just tossed. I was so shocked that I stopped what I was doing to go and play with her. The funny part is that Hope has played with this toy all day and she is even sleeping with it. She makes sure that she sleeps on top of it so I can't take it away from her, funny girl. I'm just so happy that she likes this football and can not wait for the day when we can branch out to more rubber toys.
.
(The picture above is the type of football Hope has been playing with but hers is mainly an orange color.)
No comments:
Post a Comment