Thursday, January 14

Bad House Guest

There are days when I love having company over and then there are days when I don't. Well today is one of those days that I wish this house guest never came and made itself at home. I don't mean to be rude but when you have a lot of things to do and no time for anything else it is more then frustrating to deal with any guest. It is even harder when your guest just happens to be none other than a mouse.
Now this little mouse is as rude as they come. For some reason it has picked the day before my extra big special surprise for Michael to make itself at home. I really have no time to mess with a mouse that has figured out how to open the lid to Hopes dog treat container. Since the mouse has figured out how to do that I am more than worried what other things he can do. I have decided to name him Hercules because of his unbelievable strength.
.
As far as I know Hercules has ruined all of Hopes dogs treats that were in the container but he never touched her dog food which is left out. I have checked all over the apartment for his nesting spot but haven't been able to find it yet. I have searched even to the point of moving furniture but still have found nothing, not even in the kitchen. Since I couldn't find his nest I have given everything that Hercules might have touched a good scrubbing and then some. I also went out and bought several traps, different kinds too, to catch this little unwanted guy. Makes you want to be extra careful when visiting my house doesn't it? Well for now all I can do is wait and watch the traps to see if I am able to get my very rude house guest.
.
UPDATE
I can't believe it but I think Hercules has moved out on his own. Non of the traps or the food items left on them have been touched for several weeks. I can't find any sign of him ever being here. I am actually starting to wonder if a mouse really will leave a place if it has no way to get to any food or water items. I also wonder if one of the outside cats that hang around the complex might have gotten him. If that is the case I think I can deal with the cats crushing my flowerbeds for a bit. A kind service to make up for their past mistakes. But at least I no longer have to worry about Hercules in my home and I have already taken every precaution to make sure that none of his relatives will visit either. I am such a nice hostess.

No comments: