Tuesday, September 1
Quilt One Done
I FINISHED THE FIRST QUILT!!! I am so excited that I at least have one all done and ready for the activity. I did finish the quilt a few days ago but never got around to taking a picture until now.
I think this is one of the most beautiful quilts that I have ever done. I don't know if you can see the red boarder very well but it is there. This quilt was so big that it was a little much for me to do alone. If you have ever seen our couch you will already know how extra large that thing is so now just try to imagine how big the quilt is to cover such a large thing. Yeah and the sad part is the next one that I am making is going to be even bigger then this one! It is going to be hard to part with this quilt but it is a comfort to know that it is going to go to someone that is really going to appreciate it more then I ever could. Another thing that helps is for me to think, "Why have this talent to only keep these sort of things for myself and my family to enjoy?" I have always wanted to help and now I have been blessed with a chance to do it and I am not going to miss that opportunity. Oh I also thought you would like to see the color that I picked for the backing.
I know it is not the same shade of yellow but it was the closest thing that I could find. I'm going to have the sisters tie the quilt with some yellow yarn. That is why you see the pins that I put into the quilt to help the sister know where to tie it at. I do think it will turn out really cute when it is all done. Now onto the next.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That quilt is just beautiful!!!! Will you make a pretty quilt for me to display when I get married?
Thanks for saying that it looks nice. I am just really happy that it is over with. I also don't do quilts as wedding gifts. I do something else and you are just going to have to wait and see what that is one day. :>
Monica, that is gorgeous!! Great job!
Thank you so much for saying that. It means a lot to me to hear you say that since you do sewing too. :>
Post a Comment