Last weekend one of Michael's friends, from Arazonia, was getting married. Michael has not seen this friend for about 7 years........actually it might be more then that. Sorry I can't remember the right lenght of time, I just know it has been a very long time. So when we heard that he was getting married and having a reception up here in Washington we knew that we had to go. We got some directions to the place off of google. The one hard thing was to think of a great gift to get them since we didn't know what they had registored for or even where at. I thought about it for several days and finally came up with the idea of a emergency date night kit. I loved how it turned out! I had a peice of paper on the cantaner that said this:
.
Emergency Date Night Kit; In life there are times when things become a little mundane and rigorous. This kit is to help you rekindle the joy of life with one another. It is important to hold onto that joy and stay close to what you hold dear. You will find various items in your emergency kit that can give you some interesting ways to accomplish such joy and happiness. Enjoy. :> -From: The Foundation of Happy Families
.
Some of the things that we had in it were: a candle, gum, a soft music CD, a movie, some Nerf shooter guns, two types of candy, a small bowling game set, the card game blink, and some balloon bouncers. Now that is only some of the things that we had in it (again I can't remember all of it, sorry). But still over all I think it was a great and very unique gift to give. I was a bit of a slacker and just put the gift in a bag.
I guess it isn't that bad looking and it is really what is on the inside that counts but I still like to have the outside look nice too. Now with the gift done and us having directions we tried to get someone to watch Hope for the day for us and I did find someone but last minute it all fell through so Hope got to come along for the ride and the ride only. The ride in and of itself sure was an experience. The directions that we got of of google got us in the right area but they were totally wrong on how to get to the place. We were so lost and the signs also showed up last minute so we had totally no idea what roads we were suppose to take. We had to stop and ask for directions and help several times and finally we found a gas station that was super nice and let us use their phone to call the place to get directions there. I think the saddest thing of it all is that we left our house really early and with plenty of time to get there and maybe even do a little site seeing too but what happened is we got to the reception an hour after it started. Crazy hu?!? Oh well, at least we got to the thing. Another funny was that Michael's parents got there like 10 minutes before us too. Michael and his friend had a lot of fun talking and we kind of held up the line for several minutes but that is to be expected when you haven't seen someone in a very long time. Lots to catch up on and all. Before we left the line though I did get a picture of the guys together.
Once we left the line, the line broke up for other things. I guess we made it at a pretty good time so that we didn't miss a chance to talking to them. I bride did tell me how they meet and I thought it was a cute story. Almost like how Michael and I meet each other too in some ways. Once the reception was coming to an end Michael and I decide that we needed to get back on the road before it was to late to make it back home. We did pretty good getting out to a point and then were totally lost again. We finally just tossed the google directions to the side and pulled out the good and trustworthy map that was in the car. Once we did that we got home fine. Still not happy with the way that we had to go to get home and not at all comfortable with the area that it took us in but at least we made it back safe and sound. I sure hope the next wedding reception that we attend will not result in us getting lost so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment