TIME TO PANIC!!!! I'm not kidding!!! It is the day before the stake activity that I am suppose to have these two quilts done and I just am not finished yet. This is where I am at for the second quilt.
Yeah, bad!!! I know, what in the world and I doing on here blogging about it when I should be off working? I'm sorry but I totally need a brake. The stress of it all is just getting to me to much that I can not handle it at all. I think the one thing that is really annoying me though is that the quilt looks better in the picture then what it does in real life. OH! Another thing, my camera just died on me so this is the last picture and only picture that I was able to take of the quilt. I'm not sure if you will get to see it in its finished product state. I am going to try and fix the camera, that is when I find the time. Well I guess that is as long of a brake as I should take, back to work. :( I will let you know how it goes.
.
UPDATE:
It is the day of the stake activity and you will not believe it but I was actually able to get the quilt done. I did not get to go to bed until 1:30-2 a.m. but at least the thing is ready for today. Michael was also so sweet and stayed up with me to help me with the quilt any way that he could. He is such a wonderful man and I am so grateful for him. Another happy thing that I have to tell you all is that I actually got the camera to work again too! So I was able to take pictures! Oh, happy day!
The finished product. I think that it has turned out okay for what I had to work with and all. It is a lot darker of a quilt then what I like but I am sure that someone else will love it. The back of this quilt is the color black so I didn't take a picture of it because I figure you are not missing much. This quilt ended up being the size of a king! This is my first quilt that I have ever made that size. The other quilt (the first one) was actually the size of a full/queen and I have never made one that big either. I will probably never do that again. That is if I have learned my lesson which believe me I have. You can see that this second quilt takes up the entire couch and then some. I thought for fun I would let Hope be in the picture so you can get somewhat of an idea how big this thing really is.
Now Hope is sitting a bit more forward because I didn't want her to get hurt from all of the pins that I have in this quilt. The pins are there to mark where the sisters are to tie at, all 300 pins. This next picture was just for fun.
Since Hope has been my major working buddy she also has been staying up late with me to get these quilts done so she has been very tired as well. I'm sure she would pick to sleep on the quilts that is if I would let her get near them. At least they are now down and I don't have to worry so much anymore. I think if they ask me to do this again I am going to say that I will do just one quilt and not be in charge of the thing. Hopefully it will work out like that. I guess we will just have to wait and see.
1 comment:
Those are both really pretty quilts. I bet your ward loved them!!! Good Job!!!
Post a Comment