Thursday, June 27

A Father's First Day

I was so excited for Father's Day to come because I was going to make sure that my sweet hubby felt spoiled.  I found some cute decoration idea's on line and put them up the night before.  I did have one problem of my printer not working to well but my hubby fixed it no questions asked and I went strait back to work on his fun surprise.
 Here is a very cute banner that I found on Pinterest.  I just love that place!  The banner was a lot bigger then what I thought it was going to be but thankfully I was still able to find a place to hang it all the same.

 In our house we have a very special red plate that comes out for birthday's and a few special holiday's.  I considered Father's day one of those special days so the plate came out.  Michael got the very cute and I might add very yummy cupcake from church.  He was good enough to share it with me because it was also our anniversary.

 I also wanted to do a fun family photo on this special day.  Seth had this great shirt and so I made sure that baby #2 wouldn't feel left out in the celebration and gratitude of having such a great father so I made one of mine match that his shirt.  (This is how I wanted to originally announce that we were expecting another baby but that didn't happen because of the little scare we had).

 I did have a few gifts for Michael for him to enjoy using.  I got him a new cook book.  He is an AMAZING cook and likes to try out new recipes.  This recipe book is allergy friendly so I'm sure it will be great in the future when we have certain friends come over.

 Another thing that I got him which was hard to keep away from him was a game to play in some of his down time.  I know he doesn't have a lot but sometimes it is just nice to do something different then more work at home.

The last fun thing that I did for him that day was have everyone (except mommy) fill out a questionnaire about daddy.  It was a lot of fun to write in everyone's answers to the questions and to see daddy's reaction.

All in all it was a good day for the family and Seth and I enjoyed a nice nap together after all our hard work to make sure daddy knows just how much we love and appreciate all of the things that he does for us.

No comments: