Saturday, November 28

Portland At Christmas Time

When we were done decorating the Christmas tree and putting some lights on the house outside we needed to go to downtown Portland for Michael's little sister. She needed to visit the library there. I was excited to go in hopes of visiting a bookstore that might have a book that I have been trying to find for a very long time (months!). Our first stop was the library and oh what a beautiful building it was.I just love old fashion buildings. They have such a sweet charm to them that you just don't see anymore. I'm again sorry that you can't see it so well, still trying to figure out this camera. Oh you wouldn't believe how many pictures I took of the library trying to get a good shot. Michael's mother was kind enough to give us a little tour of the library. I had never been here so it was a lot of fun to see what they had, other than books.
.
Once we were done looking the building over we left Michael's father and sister to go to a toy store that was just across the street on the corner. I can't remember the name of the toy shop but I do know it is a very popular one. The store was very crowded. It was so hard to move around in it and they had so many toys that it was hard to get your eyes to focus on one thing. The store was pretty dazzling but the amazing part is that I actually found some old toys that I use to love to play with when I was a kid. I was really tempted to get one item but I wanted to save my money more for the book that I was hoping to find. As soon as Michael's sister was done at the library they meet us in the toy shop and then we headed out to the bookstore. Along the way to the bookstore we passed the tree that they light up in downtown.It was fun to just sit for a minute and look at the tree. Sometimes you just can't seem to help loving the magic that comes from Christmas lights. When we were done admiring the tree we headed off for the bookstore again. We got lost at one point and didn't get to the bookstore that I was planning on but we did find another one that was close by so we went in to see if they might have the book that I was looking for. Guess what? THEY DID!!! Oh I was so happy and excited and they only had one copy and I got it! The book was so much cheaper then what I was thinking it was going to cost me. I felt totally spoiled and was actually skipping a little here and there as we walked back to the car. The only other stop we made that night was for some ice cream. I know, what a perfect night it had become. As soon as we got to the car I started to read some of the book. I am already totally in love with the story and I'm not even that far into it yet. So now that you know all of the fun that we had that night I am off to read my new great book.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What book was it that you love so very much?? I'm intrigued!

Monica said...

The book is called, Once Upon A Marigold and it is written by Jean Ferris. Oh you have got to read this book. That is if you can find it. Good luck.