Saturday, November 28

Family Decorating Time

Even though we got the Christmas tree yesterday, we did not decorated it until late this morning. The reason why we didn't decorate yesterday was because we were all too tired from the many things that each one of us had done the day before but at least we had gotten it up (put in the stand) so it was ready for today. Michael, his father and I put the lights on the Christmas tree. I don't know how this happens but that always seem to be the job that I get at Christmas time. I must be really good at it or something.Michael's mother and youngest sister did the next part which was to put on the string of beads. I kind of like that over the garland. It takes up less storing space and seems easier to untangle too. Michael and I may have to seriously consider doing this with our own tree since we don't have anything but ornaments to put on it. I will have to keep my eye on after Christmas sales.While the other girls in the family worked hard with the tree I was bad and played with Hope.It is so hard not too, she is just too cute! When Michael's mother and sister finish the time had come to put on the ornaments.I just love looking at all the different kinds of ornaments that you can collect over the years. Now since Michael and I have all of his ornaments at our home we got to help put up other family members ornaments. I really enjoyed the chance to get a better look at some of them. Michael's little sister had some really cute ones that I never really noticed before.The Christmas tree got filled up pretty fast with all of us working on it. Well except for the bottom part, that was a little empty. However, that is understandable when you have such a tall family. I am the shortest one so I can't help notice those things. I tried to help with that by putting the ornaments that I got lower on the tree so we ended up being good again.Hope even got in there and helped with the ornaments in her own way. She just had to smell them and make sure they were all okay. What a good supervise we have in the family.Finally the beautiful finished product; a perfect family Christmas tree. Lets hope Michael and my Christmas tree turns out just as good. We will just have to wait and see.

No comments: