.
But sadly, I am not one of the wise ones that got to sleep in. I WAS SO WANTING TO!!! It all started with looking through the Thanksgiving ads. I never should have done it but I wanted to see if there was any good deals on some cameras. As a few of you know our camera has been having major problems. It won't turn on unless it feels like doing so for that day. It has been bugging me so much since I just love to take pictures. So I had to look through the ads in a kind of last hope sort of way. I saw a couple that I liked but they were way to out of my budget. I should have stopped then but as you know from my last post I couldn't help myself. Finally I did find one that I really liked and that was pretty close to my budget so I bugged Michael about it to see what he thought. He actually didn't like the camera that I had picked out at all. So I looked some more and found another one for a better deal but it was pretty close to the same camera. Michael did like that one but we both wanted to know more about it before we even thought about braving the stores in the morning.
.
So last night we stayed up way late trying to learn more about two cameras that we had narrowed it down too. Lucky for us they were both at the same store. It did take us some time to find the cameras online to get a better look at them and know more about the features that they came with but I think it was worth it. Even after looking at the cameras online I was still a little nerves about getting one. I just hate spending a lot of money all at once. Don't you? We didn't go to bed until after midnight but we had finally made the decision to at least try it because it was worth the great deal on it. It was really hard for us to get up at 4a.m. but somehow we had managed. Actually I was waking up every 30 minutes worrying that we had over slept. Michael wasn't to happy with getting up that early but I am just so happy that he did it for me.
.
The store that we went to was Target and man was there a line! It was really long and I was a little worry that we wouldn't get our camera because you never know how many they have in the store. I had to keep telling myself that all of the people in front of us were not after the same thing that I wanted. Lucky for me it was true. As soon as they opened the doors we quickly ran (well more like speed walk) to the electronics section. I was able to wiggle my way up to the display cameras and was very happy with what I saw. Somehow though, Michael got stuck in a spot and I tried to call him to me but he wouldn't move. I couldn't figure out why. He told me that he just had this feeling to stay and it was a good thing too. Where he was standing actually became the line for the electronics area and he was right in the front, well close enough. There was only 15 other people in front of us. This is when things got a little ruff.
.
People started to cut in line and form their own one and the people in our line was really mad about it. It took a little bit for the associates to fix up the mess but when they did they had to stop our line for awhile. The 15 people in front of us got to go but Michael and I had to stay behind. The associate incharge of the line kept on apologizing to us. I really didn't care and to tell the truth it was kind of funny to me how this was happening. I must have been to tired to really think strait. We had a lot of fun talking with the associate and that was another hidden blessing for us. He asked us what we had come to get and we told him and then the amazing thing was that he actually went and checked to see how many they had left. The store actually had not sold one yet! I was very pleased with this news but the bad part is that they only had 4 in stock. So yet again, I had to tell myself that all of the people in front of us were not getting what we wanted.
.
We waited in line for about 40 minutes since several people tried to cut in line again. One lady was really REALLY bad about it too. I am surprise they never got a security guard to take her away. Michael and I were very happy when we did make it to the counter though. There was this little gal helping us and I am so happy that I took the ad from the paper with me so I could show her exactly what I wanted. She checked for the camera and guess what? She couldn't find it. Yeah I know after all of that time. BUT we told her about the associate that we had talked to in the line and lucky for us, again, he was watching us (he must have really liked us). He quickly came over and told her that we do have them and they are behind the counter she just needs to look more. Eventually she had to ask another associate behind the counter for help and that person took forever helping since they got distracted a lot. Still, somehow, I was in a good spirits.
.
In the end they did find the camera and we were the very first ones to get one. YEAH!!! All of that happened within an hour of getting into the store and they were late at opening the doors too. So now we have a new toy to play with so please be patient as I try to figure it out. I know my first pictures are not going to be the best but I will get better. Now believe it or not after all of that we came home and wanted to go to sleep but I was on a shopping high at that point and made some last minute plans to go to other stores that day. Michael was really NOT happy with that news. I felt so bad because he was so tired but he was kind enough to agree to go with me to them anyways. It was a very hard waiting for the other store to open up at 9 that morning. I just wanted to go to Cosco because they had some slippers and pj paints for a good price (I was really needing them). We also went to Desert Book too but much later in the afternoon after a few family fun things. I'm just happy that we actually end up getting everthing that we wanted and needed for that day and boy were we both happy to be done with the shopping. Now as a reward in making it through my very long story you get to look at some of the first pictures that we took with our new camera.
Now to test the camera out even further I did a short video. I sound totally lame but believe me I was pretty happy with the fact that I can now zoom in and out while I do a video and not have to brake it up into sections. I am going to need to practice more with keeping the zoom button in focus when I do it though.
No comments:
Post a Comment