Sunday, November 8

First Primary Program

If you remember, Michael and I were called to be teachers in Primary (11 & 12 year olds is our class). We have been really enjoying it and the kids that are in our class are so much fun. Lately in primary they have been working hard on the songs that they are going to sing for the program this month. We did our last practice for it on Saturday and today we preformed. It went.....okay.
.
Michael and I got to be on the stage with the rest of the primary kids and teachers. It was kind of fun to be up there again for the program since I really haven't done that since I was in primary myself. Our class did fine with their speaking parts (not all of them did it though) but for the songs they didn't do that well. It is totally understandable since they don't get a chance to practice them anymore seeing as how they are all in Y.W. and Y. M.'s now but at least they did try. Actually I am just proud that they came up to be on the stage. I know I wouldn't have done that if I was in their position. It's got to be hard to be in that middle fazes.
.
The kids have heard some of the songs we sang several times in primary but our director had picked lots of new ones that even I didn't know very well. We told the kids to at least move their mouths if they didn't know the words so they wouldn't stand out as much. They didn't mind doing that part; actually I think that made them enjoy the program more. There were some moments when they wouldn't pay that close attention to the music director and miss the cue to stand up. That would make me chuckle every time. I know I'm a bad influence.
.
Michael sat with the boys in one row and I was in another with our girls. For some reason us girls ended up playing a version of musical chairs while we sat there. I am sure that the congregation must have enjoyed that part. The girls were just being silly. Us girls also ended up drawing some pictures while we waited in between songs too. I was just happy they weren't distracting others or from the program really. I'm not really sure what the boys did but Michael did tell me that they were kind of the same as us. There is just one thing that does make me sad about it all. We are not going to have these kids with us when we do the next primary program but I am happy that I get to keep the memory of it all.

No comments: