Thursday, November 19

Activity Day

Michael and I got a few new callings on top of the primary teachers one. Since they have split the ward (making us loose 90 members and gain none) people have to do more then one calling. Michael and I both got called to be on the ward activity's committee and I got a third calling to do primary activity day. I wasn't so sure what that was when they had called me to it. They explained that I get to work with the girls in the primary from ages 8-11 years a couple times a month to help prepare them to receive their Faith In God Award. It also helps them get ready to go into Y.W.'s. I was really excited for this calling (once I knew what it was) because I love hanging out with the young kids.
.
Well today was my very first day and man are those girls WILD! They were running all over the place. I couldn't figure out where they got all of that energy from. At least this time I only just had to help out and didn't have to be incharge of the activity. I had a hard time learning some of the girls names and I know it will take me some time to do. Being with these girls actually got me thinking of when I was a kid and wondering if I was like that myself. It really made me want to search out some of my old leaders and apologize to them if I was. Yeah, it was that kind of a first time for me. I am hoping that the next time goes better and smoother and that I am actually able to handle this new calling. Wish me luck, I will totally need it!

No comments: