.
We left at 4a.m. this morning so that we could make it in time for the family prayer before the services. It was a good thing too that we left that early because I had totally forgot about the time change in all of my hasty planning. At least I didn't forget to take anything (I actually took a little extra encase of bad weather). We arrived at the church house at 9:30a.m. and we didn't get lost once! We were pretty happy about that but very tired too. We also wanted to get there early since we were going to meet my parents at the church house at 10a.m. to see if we could help with anything so it was a hard and long wait for us. We gave Hope an extra long walk around the church house several times. Hope was very pleased with this part of the trip since she was kind of squished in the back seat with everything else we had brought.
.
After my parents arrived things went by very quickly. We did the family prayer and the funeral service at 11a.m. and then had a luncheon. I was able to get a few pictures in with all that was going on but man you have got to be fast with my family. I think when they see a camera they all run and hide or something.
This is the poster they made for the funeral. A more current picture of Leon is in the middle and around that they have pictures from different ages in his life time. The pictures were a lot of fun to look at and see how different my Aunts and Uncles were. I wish I could have gotten a copy of some of the pictures but it is okay.
While at the luncheon I was able to get a picture with my Uncle Bill. He is one of my dad's brothers and a really great guy. He is so much fun! I think everyone needs to have a Uncle Bill in their family or at least someone like him.
The only other one of my relatives that I was able to get a picture with was my Uncle Delain (another brother of my father). I have always loved talking to him. He is just so sweet and understanding. There was several other relatives that I wanted to get pictures with but they had already left for the burial site.
We were actually very lucky that the weather was so good today. We were suppose to have a snow storm or at least rain that day but we totally lucked out. My dad was the one that was incharge of dedicating the site so everyone had to wait for us to get there (that is why you see everyone standing around). Yeah it was my fault that we were late but at least no one seemed to mind. After the site was dedicated Michael and I had to leave to come back home. The ride back home sure did seem longer then the ride out there but at least we made it safely back home and didn't have any problems. Hope sure was happy to be back home and out of the car and to be honest we were too. Now to go and crash for the rest of the night.
No comments:
Post a Comment