Thursday, November 10

Otter Be Fun

What is the point of a tradition if you don't do the tradition?  This was going through my head as I started making a very special Halloween costume for my youngest son.  The tradition in our family is that for your first Halloween you dress up as your growing buddy which is a animal.  Well my youngest sons buddy is a Otter.  Yeah, not a easy costume to find and then the ones I could were all online and I still didn't like the look of them so thus I was making it.  AHHH!!! More clothing construction.
 
For his costume I didn't have any pattern to go off of so at nap and bed time I would move him to our bed to do test layouts and fittings.  Actually worked pretty good to do this.  Thankfully he is a very heavy sleeper.

Somehow I managed to make the costume and it came out super cute.  I have also learned that even if I did order a costume online it wouldn't have fit him since his head is so large and he is pretty tall for his age too.

A nice side view
 
Trying to get a good picture of him crawling with that tale.
 
Honestly these almost look like sleepers.
 
SEE!!!  He matches his growing buddy great!  Although I think the one on the left is super adorable.
 
I had to get a nice tale view too.  That was hard to figure out where to place it without a pattern to tell you.  I also lucked out with the ear placement on the hood too.  Now I know the picture can't show you this but the costume was super soft just like his stuff animal which I loved.  It meant more cuddles on Halloween for me.

No comments: