Saturday, November 12

November Clatter Together

This post is going to feel like a lot of randomness since it just shows our somewhat normal life for the month.  But to start with I wanted to show a craft project that I got done and really love how it turned out.  The Relief Society in our ward was going to have sister paint little triangle blocks to look like Christmas tress but I already have so much Christmas stuff (and can't fit anymore in the container) that I decided to do something different.
 
I made little Indian tee-pees for Thanksgiving!
 
I looked up some different designs and used those to create mine.
 
I LOVE how they turned out and several sisters liked them too.
 
The kids have a lot of fun with these on the table because they can play with them.  I love that I don't have to worry about them braking them either.

Okay onto the fun stuff.  Big sister is really loving being a helper and often wants to feed James.  Even though he can do it himself he doesn't mind being spoiled by the older kids.

I love moments when these two are the best of friends.  It really shows at lunch time when they have to sit next to each other.

Sarah was totally unaware that Seth was putting a chain link tale on her and asking/telling her to be a puppy.

Such a cute puppy tale.
 
My animal lover found this huge horse in Costco.  He was so adorable yelling, "ye-ha!" while on it.  I wish we could have brought it home for him but there is no room for it.

Seth has always been able to find grocery shopping relaxing.
 
Seth is starting to be a really good cook and loves to help out in the kitchen too.  For Thanksgiving he actually made the stuffing mixer with a little bit of help.
 
In our family we have a thankful leaf pile that we do for the entire month until Thanksgiving.  Each kid gets one leaf and says/writes what they are thankful for that day.  It is always fun to see what they have to say. 

I can't believe it but this month it actually snowed!  This was a first for both James and Sarah.  They were a little confused by it but soon enjoyed it.  I think the only tricky part was keeping gloves on James since he just wanted to keep touching it.

My little snow angel.
 
 This is a bitter sweet moment.  The jacket Seth is wearing was from my grandfather.  My husband wore it for a long while and it just wore out over time.  I made sure to get a picture of Seth in it before we had to toss it.  I so wish my grandfather could have meet my children.
 
After playing outside in the freezing cold it is always nice to be able to snuggle with someone under a nice warm blanket.

Of course a nap is even better!

Just such a cute picture that I couldn't pass up not sharing it.
 
Big brother likes to be close to his soon to arrive baby.  He would often snuggle my stomach just listening or feeling baby kick.  I know these two are going to be such great friends.

 Seth also loves to use the dog as a pillow.  She is such a wonderful dog.
 
Finally just one last funny picture of the dog taking a nap in my shoe.  Go figure.

No comments: