Saturday, November 12

Happiness Is...

I can't believe I haven't posted about baby number 4's cross stitch.  I am terrible!  Anyways, for all of my children I make them each a birth announcement cross stitch.  Well like last time I just couldn't find what I was really after so I ended up creating my own.
 
Here is the design of the entire thing in pattern form.
 
I found different pieces of elements that I liked from snoopy cross stitching on the internet and put them all together.  I did have to make a few changes so they would fit properly.

 Thankfully my changes came out looking wonderful!  I love the hot air balloon.
 
This was a combination of three patterns and then two free hand items that I took the design off of from a fabric piece. 

 Since making this cross stitch for a little boy I thought it was okay to go with a baseball theme.
 
Even though this looks pretty simple it wasn't!  The house and snoopy had a much more rigged design so fixing it took awhile.

I have always loved snoopy on top of his dog house.
 
The finished design!  I think for creating this, again, it turned out great.  I love how the baby will also have a one of a kind cross stitch design and snoopy just plain rocks.  My husband was really sweet and kept telling me that I could sell this design to the makers or something.  I'd be fine with that but I think I would like a job creating cool things like this more.  It was fun to make the pattern up.

No comments: