Monday, November 14

December Baby

Welcome to the Family!!!
 
 Baby John has finally arrived.
 
 Dad was a great physical and emotional support through it all too.  Now I both love and hate this picture and let me tell you why.  I love how good he looks in scrubs, one HOT guy, BUT I really hate what it means too.  It means that I wasn't able to do a Vbac like I wanted to and had to have a second C-section something which I don't feel like anyone can understand my feeling on how horrible that was.  Okay, I did a lot better emotionally when you compare it with the first but it was still pretty bad for all the other things that it was meaning to me.

 John and me together.  The hospital was really nice and gave him this blanket.  I thought it was perfect because my dad has a mustache and it really reminded me of him.

 Okay, it really doesn't snow here often and it normally doesn't stay long but one the day that John was born it actually did snow.  I thought it was pretty special and kind of heavens gift to him for making it here with all of the adversity he faced too.

 Sleep my little one.
 
 I just love that cute button noes and little fingers too.
 
 It is so much fun to see him awake and just plain content to be here.
 
 Since I had a C-section that morning I still couldn't get out of my bed so the nurse offered to take the baby to the somewhat nursery and give him his first bath.  I really didn't want to miss this so she stayed in our room and gave him a bath their and I had my husband take pictures (and a movie) so I could feel a part of it later.  Like all the other kids he loved getting his hair washed.

 Nice and clean and ready to take a nap again.
 
 Little toes are so adorable!
 
 A little later that morning I had some cute visitors come by.  I was finally up and walking around (I think after 2-3 hours after surgery) so I was able to help somewhat with them.  Big brother was so excited to see me and kept telling me how much he missed me.  He was also very pleased to finally get to meet his new little brother.

 He just loved holding him and had the cutest grin on his face as you can see here.
 
 Big sister was also thrilled to meet her new little brother.  She kept giving him kisses and telling him she loved him.

 She was very happy to just hold him and it took a bit to convince her to let us have him back.  She was okay letting him go once she understood that he would be coming home with us later.

 The newest big brother meeting his little brother for the very first time.
 
 Not too sure what to think of him at first.
 
 And then the realization of what this means hits in.
 
He is no longer the baby and will have to share some of his mom snuggle time.
 
I think the hardest thing for all of the kids was when they had to go back home and I wasn't going with them.  Seth was so adorable.  He was really happy to go home but wanted me to come so badly that he got my shoes for me and tried to put them on me.  Sarah tried pulling me up off of the couch and telling me to follow.  James was having a total melt down.  It is nice to be so loved and wanted sometimes.
 
 After only a day of having John we were giving the okay to go home.  Funny enough the baby was checked out of the hospital before me!

 Finally at home and getting to enjoy his special things.  We waited to open up all of his gifts from family and friends for his "birth" day. 

 What a good boy in already smiling for the camera.
 
 Big brother was so happy to have his new baby brother that he had to hold him again and sing to him.  It was such a wonderful moment.

 These two are going to have a special connection/relationship together I'm sure.
 
Big sister also needed a turn singing to the baby before letting me put him down for his nap.
 
 My little man looks so much like a little doll with that perfect face of his.
 
Finally a must is to get a picture with your growing buddy.  We let the older kids pick his and they choose a lion thus Leo and John together for some fun.  (Did you notice the adorable pjs have lions on it?)

No comments: